If you have a passion for Accounting and Superannuation, this could be the role for you!
Our client – a well established Accounting Practice located on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their extremely successful team.
If you have around 5 years’ experience, perhaps seeking a sea change and / or are wanting to advance your career in Accounting, this is the career opportunity for you!
(Throw in a 35-hour week and car parking provided, what are you waiting for?)
- Preparing financial statements and income tax returns for self-managed superannuation fund clients & companies
- Liaising with various providers and statutory authorities on behalf of clients
- Processing transactions for trustees, benefits transfers, contributions and benefits payments on behalf of clients
- Ensuring jobs are completed effectively by meeting technical standards and deadlines
- Ensuring clients are made aware of their compliance obligations
- Liaising with their financial planning arm in relation to providing advice to their self-managed superannuation clients
- Building and maintaining client relationships over time
- Complete income tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships and super funds within deadline and productivity targets.
- Demonstrated self checking skills
- Interacts directly with clients and devises solutions or delivers work to create the solution.
- Identifies risk
- Provide documentation to support returns
- Complete Activity Statements including BAS, IAS & TBAR
- Good understanding of source data and research capabilities
- High level of financial reporting
- Understanding of Trust Law.
- Attend structured training events
Approximately 5 years solid Accounting experience within a Public Practice
- High level attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and innovative
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Enthusiastic team player
- Have confidentiality and discretion
- Solid work ethic
- Well presented
- Punctual and reliable
Salary: $60K – $70K (depending on experience)
To apply for this once off exciting career opportunity –